- 12 oz ground beef (or chicken/turkey/pork)
- 4 medium sweet peppers
- 2 oz fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 oz spinach leaves, coarsely chopped (or pak choy)
- 4 tbsp. Spur Tree Reggae Table Sauce
- 4 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 stalks scallion or green onion
- 1" piece garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Spur Tree Crushed Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce (more if you love scotch bonnet pepper!)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add ground beef, salt, black pepper and Spur Tree Crushed Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce, and cook for about 10 minutes. Add onion, garlic, scallion, ginger, thyme leaves, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and 2 tbsp. Spur Tree Reggae Table Sauce, and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off heat. Add breadcrumbs, cheese and remaining Spur Tree Reggae Table Sauce and mix together
- Lightly trim the bottom of the sweet peppers so they can stand in a baking dish about 1" high. Cut tops off peppers and clean insides. Put peppers and tops into the baking dish. Add 1tsp water to the dish and microwave for 5 minutes so that peppers are partly cooked.
- Drain water from the dish and replace the peppers.
- Using a teaspoon, gently fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Replace tops, leaving space for steam to escape. Bake in a hot oven 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.